C:\Inetpub\vhosts\micountyparks.org\httpdocs Michigan Association of County Parks and Recreation Officials
Michigan Association of County Parks and Recreation Officials (MACPRO)
Home
Members
Member Benefits
Meetings
Research
Members Only

About Us

The Michigan Association of Parks and Recreation Officials was formed in the early 1970s. Some of the "founding" members were Genesee, Kent, Oakland, Macomb, Ingham, Mecosta and Saginaw Counties.

Our organization provides county parks and recreation agencies and their staff with a sounding board to develop a common voice for issues related to provision of services, programs and facilities at the county level about the State of Michigan.

Our membership includes 33 out of the 83 counties. Meetings are held quarterly and currently rotate throughout the southern half of Lower Michigan. The annual business meeting is held as part of the Michigan Parks and Recreation Association Annual Conference and Trade Show.

Mission

MACPRO exists to serve the interests and well-being of county government sponsored park and recreation lands, facilities, and programs across the State of Michigan. It does this through member education, partnering with others of similar interests, legislative advocacy, networking, and promoting awareness and use of county outdoor recreation facilities by Michigan citizens.


Intrested in finding nearby parks?

Zipcode:
Distance:    
Featured Park: Cascades Manor House
Jackson County Parks
The Cascades Manor House is located in the beautiful 465-acre Sparks Foundation Park in southwest Jackson. It was originally built as the clubhouse for the 18-hole championship Cascades Golf Course and named the Cascades Club House. The park was a gift to Jackson County from William and Matilda Sparks Foundation, Inc. Under their direction, the famous illuminated Cascade Water Falls, the Cascades Golf Course and the Cascades Club House were created. The Cascades Club House was designed by Jackson architect Clair Allen and was built by the North-Moller Construction Company of Jackson. Construction of the original clubhouse project began in the fall of 1929, and the clubhouse opened to the public at noon on Tuesday, May 10, 1932. The intention was that the clubhouse become the "Community Gathering Place" where you could enjoy an excellent meal at reasonable prices. In 1993 a major renovation of the clubhouse began under the direction of the Cascades Park Foundation with the intention that all proceeds from the facility be placed back into the parks system. During this time the dinning room was expanded, the kitchen replaced and major repairs were made. In January 1995 the clubhouse was reopened under the new name of Cascades Manor House and was once again available for public use.
Contact Info:
By Phone:
(517) 784-1500
Email:

Website:
Alternate Site

Cascades Manor House
 

Please direct questions or comments about this site to kelwert@lapeercounty.org